International Plain Language Day is coming up next week on 13 October.
Cheryl Stephens and Kate Harrison-Whiteside established the day to celebrate and advocate for plain language around the world. This year’s theme is “Access for All starts with plain language”.
Here are 4 simple ways to take part in International Plain Language Day wherever you are in the world.
- Attend our online conference 13-15 October
- Join the conversation on social media and tell us why you feel passionate about plain language with #IPlainDay
- Share your latest plain language project in our LinkedIn forum
- Start a discussion with your colleagues or peer network with questions like:
• Who is our information accessible to? Who is it not accessible to? How do we know?
• What elements of access have we not considered yet?
• What doors can we open with plain language?