PLAIN is growing and we are looking for support to help us professionalize our organization and communication with members. This is a freelance position that will mainly support the communication committee’s tasks.
Are you interested? Read on to learn about the support we need.
Your primary tasks will include:
- social media
- preparing posts for organizational accounts for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- administering our LinkedIn group (screening requests to join, monitoring content, posting organizational updates)
- monitoring discussions on social media surrounding hashtags and events
- general monitoring across organizational accounts
- preparing reports for board meetings
- setting up emails and e-newsletters in email tool
- monitoring and answering our general info@ inbox
- adding news items to the website
- updating text on webpages
- assisting with communications related to the e-journal
- maintaining/developing communication templates
- other administrative support if availability allows
Qualified candidates must have:
- experience and interest in managing social media
- business communication experience
- knowledge of WordPress basics
- professional email etiquette (clear, friendly, helpful)
- interest in the field of plain language
- 15-25 hours/month to commit to tasks and availability each workday (Monday-Friday) to check accounts/platforms
- 1-year commitment with interest in longer relationship
- fluency in English and strong writing skills in business English
- time management skills
- ability to invoice PLAIN
In addition, it would be beneficial to have:
- degree, certification, or training in communication-related field
- fluency in another language
- knowledge of Wild Apricot
- experience or willingness to learn about engagement tools (such as Facebook live)
Think you’re a good fit? Please send us:
- your CV/resume
- at least 1 sample to demonstrate your writing level, such as a blog, newsletter, website, or report.
- 2 references
Send application material to: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: September 30, 2021 (The chosen candidate will start as early as October 2021.)
Hourly rate: 25.00 USD
PLAIN is registered in Canada.